Pink blossom beauty
Wilton food-crafting supplies
Ready-to-Use Gum Paste (8 oz. used)
Icing Colors: Pink*, Lemon Yellow*, Kelly Green
9″ Fondant Roller
Gum Paste Flower Cut-Outs Set
10 piece Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
Gum Paste Storage Board
2 piece Shaping Foam Set
2 piece Flower Shaping Bowls
Gum Glue Adhesive Recipe
5 piece Decorating Brush Set
Flower and Leaf Mini Fondant Cut-Outs Set
Flower Stamen Assortment
6 piece Flower Shaping Bowls
White Sugar Pearls
Pearl Dust Edible Accents: Orchid Pink, Yellow, White
6″ x 2″ Round Pan
10″ x 16″ Cooling Grid
White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing 4.5 lb. Tub
6″ Cake Circles
11″ Straight Spatula
9″ Straight Spatula
Gum Paste Wire & Tape
12″ Disposable Decorating Bags
Cake Decorating Tip: 3
Craft foam block
Favorite cake recipe or mix (6-3/4 cups batter needed)
*Combine Pink with Lemon Yellow for pink shades shown.
1. Make three briar roses at least 1 day in advance. Tint 6 oz. gum paste medium pink and 2 oz. light pink. Use fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out medium and light pink gum paste, separately, 1/16″ thick.
Use rose cut-out from flower cut-outs set and medium pink gum paste to cut blossoms. Use knife from set to divide petals in V-shape toward center. Use ball tool and shaping foam to soften top half edge of each petal, adding a slight ruffle. Use ball tool to also cup center of each petal. Repeat to make five petals for each briar rose.
Prepare gum glue adhesive following recipe directions. Use calyx cut-out from set and medium pink gum paste to cut calyx. Position calyx in large flower shaping bowl. Center point of first petal on calyx. Use brush to brush a small amount of gum glue on calyx and tip of petal to attach. Attach second petal as above, slightly overlapping the first, centering each petal over the next calyx point. Repeat for remaining petals. Use ball tool to cup center slightly.
For briar rose centers, use fondant roller with purple guide rings to roll out medium pink gum paste 1/8″ thick. Use small blossom ejector from cut-outs set to cut shape. Roll shape into a ball. Use brush and gum glue adhesive to attach center ball to briar roses.
Cut pearl flower stamens, each 1/2″ long. Insert into center ball. Allow to dry in large flower forming bowls.
2. Make gum paste flowers also 1 day in advance. Use small and large ejectors from cut-outs set and medium pink gum paste to make seven large and five small blossoms. Use brush and gum glue adhesive to attach Sugar Pearls to large and small blossoms.
Use tools and instructions from flower cutter set and light pink gum paste to make five stephanotis. Insert pearl stamen into centers.
Allow all flowers to dry in flower forming bowls.
3. Decorate flowers. Combine orchid pink, yellow and white Pearl Dust edible accents. Use brush and Pearl Dust mixture to dust flowers.
4. Make layered cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake three 6″ layers, and allow to cool. Tint decorator icing light green. Level, fill and stack 6″ cakes on cake circle for 3-layer cake, 5″ high. Use spatula and icing to ice cake, running edge of spatula against icing to create texture on cake top and sides.
5. Decorate cake. Use gum glue adhesive to attach 1/8″ dia. gum paste balls to backs of two large blossoms. Insert 22-gauge wire in base. Use tape from set to tape together two large blossoms and two stephanotis. Use gum paste to make three balls for briar rose bases, 1″ high, 3/4″ high and 1/3″ high and 1/2″ wide at bottom. Use brush and gum glue adhesive to attach briar roses to bases. Position on cake top. Use gum paste to make a 1″ ball. Place gum paste ball behind briar roses. Insert wired blossom and stephanotis stems into ball.
Use tip 3, cut disposable decorating bag and green icing to attach remaining blossoms to cake.
Find this recipe and more holiday treats at joann.com